The general theme of the book "Thinking, fast and slow" is that the their is two systems when it comes to judgement and choice according to the author. The first system is fast while the second system is slower. Again the first one is fast, like fast thinking which is done automatically. Thinking is done with no effort and with no feeling of control. This type of thinking influences most of your choices and judgements. A perfect example is "4+4". The second system is a lot slower and its also a lot different. It is basically the opposite of the first system. You tend to do more thinking that is more complex and draining for your brain. It takes more concentration of the person to process thought in anything.
I feel like this book connected to ENT 3003 because in order to be a successful entrepreneur you have to think. Think about what is good for you and the company you have. Some are fast and easy choices while others are more complicated which require more thinking from yourself. Thinking is one of the keys in my opinion to be successful as an entrepreneur because you can easily make mistakes if you don't process everything correctly.
This is a tough one but I will make an exercise that involves something with the brain. An exercise that will trigger your brain to think and see how your brain works. How differently it works with different obstacles. I want to see what you makes you think fast and slow. Not only that but also compare that to others to see how different you are from others.
I think my biggest 'aha' moment is the fact that this book is more about psychology and the process of thought. This is a book for those who are interested in this area. This book has nothing to do with business in any way so that's why it was a surprise moment for me because it didn't make sense. Why is this book in the reading list? I soon realize why though because in business you have to think and thinking correctly is a huge key to success not only in business but in life!
Hi Hugo,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your post, I believe that this books help us to get a much deeper insight in certain topics that we do not cover in class or that we do not even have to know but are really helpful at the moment of thinking as an entrepreneur and developing skills for being successful.
Hey Hugo,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post, I felt with few words you gave a lot of insight! I think the thinking fast and slow can kind of be similar to like thinking fast with your emotions or thinking slow and logical! I am really intrigued to read the book to find out more information and it will be very useful.
Hugo,
ReplyDeleteThis book seems pretty cool and I am interested in reading it after this class ends. I feel like I got a glorified preview of the book, really was a great post!