Pick a segment - I decided to choose college students at SCF/USF as my segment. I chose this segment because as a college student myself, students go through a lot. Being here will be easy for me to find people to interview since I'm pretty sure they fit in my unmet need. One of them happens to be in the military. The second interviewee is student at USF and lives in Parrish. The third one is just a normal college student, his first semester at SCF.
Interviews - When I first began to search potential candidates for the interviews, I didn't think it would be hard to find these people but I was wrong. I had to go the extra mile to obtain these interviews. Based on my interviewees the majority of them say that the unmet need of being unhappy usually happens at night. A place where you are all alone with no one near by at all. In a quiet dark place, sometimes this place happens to be outside of home. The situation is always like this and it happens a lot since most of them are alone most of the times because of their life style. The only reason is happens because they start to think about the past or something that is happening right now. This is due to past relationships, the place they are living in and many other things that come into place. Every once in awhile the unmet need happens because of certain songs, places and memories that happen before or in the present time. When the unmet need happens one of the interviewees happens to drink to help themselves out, the other one talks to a friend(s) but not family, and the last one does homework/listen to music to get over it.
What I learned - Based on my interviews and asking them about my service to help people that are in the same situation as them surprised me. Two of them said that the service is great and would be great to be involved in but that it won't work out to their opinion. Because it seems point less to be around dogs, that it is fun being around them but it won't take their minds off of being unhappy for a long time. It will only work for a certain amount of time. They will not pay for the services unless they knew that it will work for them in the long run. The other interviewee said it will help and that he is willing to pay for the service because he wants to try something new that he never had done before.
Conclusion - When I chose this segment I thought everyone would had the unmet need but I wrong. I guess everyone is different in their own way. The people that do have the unmet need, well some of them are willing to pay for the service that I will provide because they want to try something new. Others won't due to the fact it might not work.
Hi Hugo, I believe that this is a really nice post because of the feedback that you got from your interviewees. Understanding human behavior, and overall feeling and emotions is something really complex and could also be subjective. However, the people that you talked to show a reality that a lot of people suffer. When people goes to college they usually face a lot of new things and challenges that can cause a lot of stress and even anxiety, and if you are far from your family and alone somewhere new things could be difficult and you could feel sad sometimes.
ReplyDeleteHugo,
ReplyDeleteI think college students are a good segment to focus on as they tend to have a lot of stress. By offering your service, you can sell them the idea of being stress free and happier overall. I think you did a good job on this assignment overall and wish you the best of luck.