How to fail at almost everything and still win big
1. In my opinion the general theme of the book is that goals are just useless and a joke because most of us don't even know if the goal will be met. If you set a goal then their is a huge possibility you might not get exactly what you want. That's why Mr. Adams said to build you life around systems and not goals. Why? because you're just focus on what you need to accomplish for that specific day and the other days can be rest days. Since you never set a deadline for the goal then you don't really care what you have done because everything still feels like a win-win situation.
2. This book connected with ENT 3003 because you still need a system (plan) to follow for a long time to come. In this class we need to figure out what we need to do for our company in order to have it running out in the market. All the do's and don't's of the plan. This book is exactly the same, have a system and learn what to do with it to be successful.
3. This is a tough question because I really don't know how to answer it (lol). But if I had to think of a exercise it will be to find a area that you are comfortable with and take a risk. What I mean by that is that this could be a future job for you and you can help others with it. This could help you with job sampling until you find something that you really love that you will not mind doing for the rest of your life.
4. The biggest surprise about the book when I read it was the that goals are useless and not important. Like Mr. Adams said before you will never know when your goal will be met, like the exact day. That you also never meet your goal within your lifetime. That it is specific and even if you do meet it then you might not even like it because it's not what you imagine when you first thought about it. Winners use systems, remember that!
Hi Hugo, I also picked this book for the assignment and I actually liked it a lot. I believe that the way the author talks about the dynamics of success and how important is learning in the process of getting better and actually failing in order to improve really made me reflect a lot about myself and where I am right now. This book also provides a lot of insight on the personal side of entrepreneurship and what skills and traits we should develop.
ReplyDeleteI read a different book, but this one seems pretty cool. I like what you had to say about the book, seems like a great read. I feel like you make a lot of solid points in this post. Great post!
ReplyDeleteHello Hugo,
ReplyDeleteI read a different book than you but your summary is making me regret picking my book. I love the concept your book provides. Goals are so far-fetched and can be so unattainable at times. Of course it's always good to have goals so you have a direction, but there should be a lot less stress put onto people for not making certain goals.