Existing market - Like I said before my next part of my service is to give the customers I am helping the ability to adopt the dogs they are with on the daily. These customers come everyday to my company for help on how to become the person they once were, being happy. One thing that helps them through that process is the dogs. Having dogs around help you out a lot and make you feel happy in many ways. So why break that bond up?
After doing some more interviews with people about my company, I've come to realize that I have more to think about. I have way more options than just letting people have the option to adopt. I need to think about it more now that I have more options and consider which one is the best for my business. Or what I can do is try each option out and see which one works best for me and the future of the company.
One of the people I interview said that I should let the customers check out the dogs like a book at a library. That is not such a bad idea but I'm not sure how that will work or if it will work out. Its something I have to consider like I said before. Another person said to leave it the way it is because you might lose track of how many dogs you have in the facility. The less dogs you have the less options people have for a dog they actually think will help. Not every person can share the dog because some might want the dog longer than others. This can cause problems in so many ways. My interviewee said to do both of them and that might work but there is only one way to find out.
New market - I think the new market that I will target will be kids from a young age to the age of 18. I never thought about this at all until now. I only focused on adults but kids are important as well. They go through the same thing as well but in a different way. It will be really interesting how that will go.
Again, this new market will be very interesting for me. So what I decided to do was interview both a parent and a non parent just to see what the results will be. To my surprise they both said similar responses. I didn't see that coming at all.
During my time I had with the interviewees I learned many new things that I kind of new in some ways. My first interviewee who is a parent said that it will be a great idea to focus on kids because a lot them go through many things that most people don't know. Without help then tend to keep that within themselves for a lot time and this can ruin their future in some ways. The reason this interviewee said this was because her parents went through a divorce and she loved both of them and obliviously didn't want to happen. This affected her from a very young age but she was able to bounce back because she was help unlike others who have no help at all. My other interviewee said pretty much the same thing but at the same time he thinks it will not work out. That kids are very different from adults in many ways and that they do not know much since they are very young.
Hi Hugo, I like the way you selected this two markets for this exercise because they both have the need. However, I think that for kids it is more difficult to access as they are not truly independent, so they cannot just go to play with the dogs by themselves, also if they have any problems their parents might prefer to just get them to a shrink or a psychologist , so If I was you I would just focus on the main market.
ReplyDeleteGreat Idea. I think it can use a few tweaks. Some kids won't treat the dog very well so maybe some sort of quality of life monitor on the dog, also maybe adding subtle psych evaluations to see if the dogs are truly helping or not.
ReplyDelete