This semester I have experience failure not once but twice! It all came with the first exam... I was super confident because I have done the practice exams varies times and the learner smarts as well. All that was for nothing because when it was time to take the exam, the exam was nothing like I had saw in the practice exams and learner smarts. It was something totally different but I at least I tried to get a good grade. It didn't go as plan but its okay since we do have two more exams to do. The next exam comes and this time I try to look for a different way of studying. I still did not do good either. Now I have no idea what to do for my next exam other than to study even more than I have done in the past with a little bit of a change to see if that will help. If anyone has tips then please let me know what you guys do to prepare for the exams. (management 3025)
I learned that no matter how hard you tried or how much you study that sometimes you won't succeed in anything. Everything takes time and effort from yourself. But like they said the third one is always the charm! I just have to try something new again and hope for the best. A different approach with a new and better strategy.
I really don't think failing at something is really embarrassing at all. It just means that you did something wrong along the way or that the other has a better plan than you. All you need to do is look at what you did wrong and fix it. Make it better than before so you won't make the same mistake twice. I handle failure in a good way unlike others. Most people get mad or sad. I mean I do get sad but only for a few seconds then I'm just like screw it, it is what it is. Next time I got this. I literally forget about it and move on with my life because you think about it to much then it is going to affect you. Just forget about it and move on, accept the failure. It's only going to make you stronger in the end, remember that!
Hey Hugo,
ReplyDeleteI am in that class and have done fairly well in the last two exams and my best advice is to write down key things in the notes because it is all mostly definition based and to try to add specific examples to each concept to get it down better! If you want any other tips or advice you can email me at aspinatto@ufl.edu I’d be willing to help!! But I do understand your frustration on studying so hard for an exam to not do well on it, I hope the best for you on the exam and admire your view on failure!
Hugo,
ReplyDeleteI know failure is hard to deal with, I have failed many times in my life. But the way you handle adversity to achieve success was impressive to me. I really enjoyed reading this post, i see a lot of character in you, it takes a lot for a person to fail but then get back to the drawing board and then find a way to succeed. Great post.