Thursday, October 10, 2019

13A - Reading Reflection No. 1


  1. The thing that surprised me the most was that he lean $27 dollars to 42 women. That's a lot money if you ask me even though it's only $27 dollars. That $27 dollars adds up at the end of the day.
  2. The thing that I admire the most is the fact that he started to help the poor and eliminate poverty in his country. Not many people that in the world, especially if they had the money to do so. 
  3. Their is one thing that I do not admire from the entrepreneur and that is that he focuses more on women than men when it comes to poverty. Don't get me wrong, it's nice helping out women because throughout the whole world no one actually pays attention to women but it's poverty that we are talking about. I would give the same amount of attention and money to men as well. Be equal with everyone in the country.
  4. The only failure I can think of is when he was removed from his own bank, Grameen Bank.
  5. One competencies that really stood out from him is his leadership role. He took on a challenge and became the leader with out never backing down from it. 
  6. The only confusing part of the book was why did he do it? Why did he help out the poor? What told him to do this? Did he feel bad about the poor? I feel like he just started helping them out but with no explanation in my opinion or I probably just didn't understood it very well.
  7. Two questions I would ask the entrepreneur is what motivated him to do this and how to be successful in what you invest? The only reason I would ask these questions is because everyone has a purpose to start being entrepreneur and investing into something and how to make it in the world. Like what are the secrets behind it and becoming so known and successful. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hugo,
    I as well think that lending $27 to 42 women is quite a lot as that adds up to more than 500 dollars. I like how you stated how you admire that he helped the poor as when people acquire money they tend to forget to give back. I feel like the reason he did what he did for the question you would ask him is because some people are just kind hearted and good like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems like it is packed with great information on how to be a well thought out entrepreneur. This book also seems like it can teach the reader a thing or two about morals and how to treat people. I think i will have to give it a read sometime.

    ReplyDelete