I enrolled into this class because it is one of my require classes that I need to take for my degree in Marketing. At least that is what I know but I'm glad that I'm in here because it is still about business. I mean maybe one day I might open up my own business and being in this class can help me be successful. I hope to get more in depth with entrepreneurship from what I already know.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
3A- Your Entrepreneurship Story
The first time I was exposed to entrepreneurship is when I was watching "Shark Tank". I was casually going through the channels to see what was on that night and I happen to come across this show. I have no idea why I decided to stop and watch the show but I'm glad I did. I had no idea what was going on at first either because I started watching it halfway through the show. As soon as I started watching the show from the start I soon realized what it was about. It is basically about people coming to the show explaining the business they have and how they need help with it. It could be that they need help with the business by needing money or someone that has experience or even both. They come in to make a deal with at least one of the five entrepreneurs in exchange for some percentage of their company. It's a risk some do not take because they ask for to much or they just can't agree on the percentage of the company. I've stopped watching the show though and starting watching a new one called "The Profit". This is a really good show in my opinion because you can see the more in depth of the agreement. It is about a guy named Marcus who goes to the business's that need his help with money and turning things around. They want his knowledge and expertise of the business world. It is not like "Shark Tank' where the people go to the entrepreneurs, Marcus goes to them. I love this show because it goes more in depth. It shows you what goes on after the agreement is made. How he is making the business better. I've learned a lot from watching his shows. One thing I forgot to mention is what is an entrepreneur? An entrepreneur is someone who invests their own money into their own business or someone else's to make it better by helping in anyway possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Hugo,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post, I believe that this TV shows like Shark Tank or Profit are really cool and are really entertaining because of the concepts that you can get in there, and the motivation that it can give you to try to go ahead with any idea that you might have or think that could work in the business world.
Hey Hugo,
ReplyDeleteMy brother and I would love watching "Shark Tank" as well! I feel that show got me very interested in entrepreneurship and made me feel as I can start up my own little business and then go on that show and be able to get one of them to bid on my proposal. It was a really interesting and motivating show to watch. I've never heard of the other show but I will definitely check out "The Profit" too.